Monday, March 30, 2020

Covid-19 Nightmare, Stimulus Checks, Nomads Travel, Diamond Industry

We bring you the best links about the Covid-19 nightmare we are all living through, an FAQ on the stimulus checks, how nomads travel these days, learn about the diamond industry, travel to Greece some day, suggestions on what to do now that you can not travel for real, a stimulus check calculator, how you can help people suffering in this pandemic crisis, an excellent article about one of the first school shootings, watch a dog jump into leaves, and so much more. And get this? I am doing this for a ridiculous amount of money when I don’t have to and I could sure do something else and help more people in my day job…been doing this for over seven years. Well, I hope I am doing my part to change the world. I guess. Or I am just insane…don’t answer this. Be well and virus free!

TBB Blog Mission: To Educate. Entertain. Inspire. In That Order!

Support TBB by applying for CREDIT CARDS and visiting our LINKS!

You like my blog? Send a link to someone please!

 

Brought to you by the amazing TBB Amazon link! This blog is published every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Except in major US Holidays. For now…

Major changes are coming to the blog. The virus is disrupting us all, more details on Wednesday.

I have no sponsors. This is a blog by one crazy dude who has been at it for seven and a half years. I can assure you it is NOT about the money that I continue! It is my baby and I blog what I want. And lately I have many anti Trump views because I am VERY angry pissed off for the rolling nightmare of Covid-19 and the way it was not taken seriously and the way it has been disastrously handled. If you are a Trump fan you would probably not enjoy my blog, you have been warned. But you can stay and get educated and even comment with some logical arguments if you can do that too. You all have a good week, stay inside, pray and support all the heroes out there.

COVID-19

We are starting off with a bang today: The President Is Trapped. Trump is utterly unsuited to deal with this crisis, either intellectually or temperamentally. This is a vicious well deserved beating. God help us all! Must read. I could excerpt the hell out of it but I won’t. We have lots to cover today.

Here is an interview with the Director of the Chinese CDC: Not wearing masks to protect against coronavirus is a big mistake. If only we could find them just for the medical personnel man! I think you will learn a lot from a source we don’t hear much from. After reading it I am scared to run outside!

Such talented writing. And gut wrenching. ‘Since I Became Symptomatic’.

I am on a roll today, another fascinatingly educational article: How Genetic Mutations Turned the Coronavirus Deadly. It is about tracing the path of the virus.

So far, there is no sign that the virus is becoming any more deadly or infectious—although neither is it becoming any less so. Near-stasis is typical for a new human pathogen. From an evolutionary perspective, SARS-CoV-2 is already doing a great job of reproducing itself. It’s therefore feeling little evolutionary pressure to change.

It is maddening to watch the half ass attempts to do this social distancing thing. I was advocating COMPLETE lockdowns/shutdowns when it became apparent that the virus was here circulating. The sooner we did this the sooner we can get back to normal. Instead, even today, we have governors still not on board with it which I find completely hideous. I saw a picture yesterday in a Florida beach where half was empty and half was full of people. The difference? It was the county line, WTF! This may get through to you: The Math Behind Social Distancing.

Amazing photography: The Great Empty.

The view from the Spanish Steps, Rome Italy. Alessandro Penso for The New York Times
Oh yes, so much bullshit everywhere. And of course we get BSers in this new viral world we are now living in. Please, Let’s Stop The Epidemic of Armchair Epidimeology. Yes, please! Ignore the people misconstruing their expertise and offering false certainty.

This doctor in West Michigan posted a video on Youtube and went viral. Oh, wait a minute. Maybe we should retire the phrase “going viral”? Just saying. Anyway, this is great, it sure changed the way I handle my groceries! PSA Safe Grocery Shopping in COVID-19 Pandemic.

I don’t mean to panic you guys but this is really scary: Global condom shortage looms.

I may have posted this before, I don’t remember. Every day feels like a Tuesday these days. 40 meaningful things to do when stuck at home in a pandemic. Which one is your favorite?

Late addition: Hey, I can not help it. Here is Mitch Albom of the Detroit Free Press: Hey President Trump: Her name is Gretchen Whitmer. You just lost Michigan &%$)&#@!

More, I just can’t help myself: Our Political Leadership Is Failing Us at Every Level. Must read, vicious beating of those who were supposed to protects us. How can you go from “15 cases and going down to 0” to over 140,000 and over 2.500 dead. I mean, WTF? How can you excuse this gigantic failure? I feel rage, this is hitting us all. And this phucking asshole has time to tweet about his TV ratings…his godamnPhucking TV Ratings. Who does that????

MILES & POINTS

HOT CREDIT CARD OFFERS: Two new offers on United credit cards, a personal for 60k and a Business one for up to 100k miles. The IHG Rewards Club card offering 140k points too, highest ever. Other credit cards offers that stand out for now are the 100k Southwest Performance Business card and the 100k Ink Business Preferred. In addition, there are personal and business offers for the 70k Amex Delta Skymiles Gold, 100k Platinum and 100k Reserve credit cards. For a standard workhorse card I recommend the 60k Chase Sapphire Preferred card. For a standard premium card I recommend the 50k Chase Sapphire Reserve card. For a standard 2% cash back card I recommend the Citi Double Cash card. Available with my links. Lets move on!

Newbie Tip: I try to have my credit cards’ statement dates close around the 5th of the month. And I sit down on the 6th or 7th of each month and pay them all. It is a routine I have been practicing for years decades. I have never paid a penny of interest on my credit cards. If you do pay interest on your credit card balances, well, thank you for helping us all travel for free! And stop it. The quicker the better. Find what works for you. Get a system down and follow it. You don’t have to be like us veterans who used to apply for several credit cards at a time (remember those good old days you guys?). Actually, nobody can during these difficult times with all travel shut down. Ok, where was I going with this?

If it was not for donations and gift cards to help local stores this would be the month with my lowest spending in a very long time. Especially gas and dining out.

Late addition: Travel hacking during the plague.

TRAVEL

I was talking the other day with my client at his cottage up north. You know, in this coronavirus world, the absurd idea of buying a cottage out in the woods near running trails (and wifi of course!) may not be as absurd as I originally thought. The virus is changing us…I can not believe what I just said!

The Norwegian dude over at The Garfors Globe is back with an excellent post with many recommendations on what to do when Traveling While Not.

This is pretty basic but it is still nice to promote my home country with a tourist season coming up that may be a total nightmare: 18 Beautiful and Best Places to Visit in Greece.

All the nomads out there, I feel for what they are going through. Here is a perspective from one couple: Coronavirus: How Our Plans Are Changing Drastically.

PERSONAL FINANCE

Find out how much your stimulus payment check will be with this Stimulus Check Calculator. (HT: Charlie)

Probably the best write up I have seen to date on the new CARES Act just passed: F.A.Q. on Stimulus Checks, Unemployment and the Coronavirus Plan.

We need all to help out! Here’s how you can help people who’ve lost jobs or housing in the wake of coronavirus.

ODDZ & ENDZ

Interesting site. ClassicReload.com. Over 6000+ DOS/Windows and Console games preserved for future generations. For the gamers out there! 🙂

I love Texas Monthly. I should add it to one of my good lists! This is a fantastic read: The School Shooting That Austin Forgot.

This guy won the internet. Must click…and sit back and watch.

If you are interested in diamonds and like to read about amazing women, I got the perfect article for you: The Woman Shaking Up the Diamond Industry.

All right, you will smile with this, we can all use some smiles: Stella’s Best Leaf Jumps Of All Time.

BLOG BUZZ

We are now entering BLOG BUZZ, a section for advanced hobbyists and veterans of this fast imploding hobby and also a section where I go on and on about some stuff that happens in my life because it helps me feel better about myself.

I have not had a credit card conversion here in weeks. I mean, who is even thinking about that right now? How can you even accomplish the minimum spend if you are stuck at home? There is always online shopping of course but still, you know what I mean. Weird times indeed! Expect some commercial blogs to start laying off people and some to fold.

Short post coming on Wednesday with some posting changes…I may unload some Covid-19 links in it because I need to justify my paycheck here, LOL.

Starting to really enjoy our family meals, looks like we’ll be stuck at home in April too.

And I leave you with this…

TBB
travelbloggerbuzz@gmail.com

Follow TBB on Twitter @FlyerTalkerinA2.

You can subscribe to TBB below, winners only!

Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.

The post Covid-19 Nightmare, Stimulus Checks, Nomads Travel, Diamond Industry appeared first on TravelBloggerBuzz.

--


By: TravelBloggerBuzz
Title: Covid-19 Nightmare, Stimulus Checks, Nomads Travel, Diamond Industry
Sourced From: travelbloggerbuzz.com/covid-19-nightmare-stimulus-checks-nomads-travel-diamond-industry/
Published Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 10:30:00 +0000

No comments:

Post a Comment