Friday, June 5, 2020

Silent Spreaders, Airlines Flying Again, 13% Yield Warnings, Credit Card Farmers

We bring you the virus silent spreaders, how airlines want you flying again, investment product offering 13% yield warnings, credit card farmers, the best Covid-19 coverage, we start a new blog session due to coverage of the George Floyd systemic racism and protests worldwide, make the case that Chase Sapphire Reserve card is the best premium product, we travel to Greece, LA, Bangkok and the Dali Museum, we talk about how fitness is changed, send RIP to Christo, talk about monopolies and drugs, go over the new Aeroplan and Etihad partnership, look into booking Royal Air Maroc awards on the AA website and lots more you guys!

TBB Blog Mission: To Educate. Entertain. Inspire. In That Order!

Support TBB by applying for CREDIT CARDS or visiting our LINKS or Donate

You like my blog? Send a link to someone please!

 

Brought to you by the amazing TBB Amazon link! This blog is published every Monday and Friday. For now…

I’ll see you Monday. Be excellent to each other.

COVID-19

It is amazing we managed to get the global pandemic off the news huh? Let me get back to the Covid-19 latest and here is one area I think it is making it so darn difficult to get it under control: The Mystery Of Asymptomatic “Silent Spreaders”. Actually, back in the Spanish Flu era, there was the famous “Typhoid Mary” case; she ended up being kept in confinement for 23 years until her death! Where would you learn stuff like that? For free! 🙂 The answer is…test everyone! And good luck with that here in the US, sad!

This is just excellent! Monster or Machine? A Profile of the Coronavirus at 6 Months.

“We are really early in this disease,” Dr. Ashish Jha, the director of the Harvard Global Health Institute, told The Times recently. “If this were a baseball game, it would be the second inning.”

And there we have it: an organism, or whatever the right word is, ideally adapted to human conversation, the louder the better. Our communication is its transmission. Consider where so many outbreaks have begun: funerals, parties, call centers, sports arenas, meatpacking plants, dorm rooms, cruise ships, prisons.

Ok, it is a really small isolated country and that sure makes it much easier, come on! How Iceland Beat the Coronavirus. But still, so many lessons we can learn from them. Oh, please sit down, they took testing and contact tracing seriously, wow!

This is really good, simple and powerful. Found here.

Image

Sometimes I feel like…screw it, let’s just get it and…get it over with! I am pretty confident I am strong enough that I will beat it. And then I read about stuff like this that makes me say…naaah, I would rather not take the risk, thank you very much: For Some, the Effects of Covid-19 Last for Months.

Let’s not all forget: Ten crises to remember as the world battles COVID-19.

 

MILES & POINTS

HOT CREDIT CARD OFFERS: The IHG Rewards Club card offering 140k points too, highest ever. For a standard workhorse card I recommend the 60k Chase Sapphire Preferred card. For a standard premium card I recommend the 50k Chase Sapphire Reserve card. For a standard 2% cash back card I recommend the Citi Double Cash card. Available with my links. Lets move on!

Important question: Does Upgrading To Chase Sapphire Reserve Restart My 48-Month Signup Bonus Clock?

Or maybe it is time to get the Chase Sapphire Reserve. Please use my links, come on!

This is a good Roundup of US Airlines Offering Bonus Miles Or Free Tickets For Traveling And Elite Miles For Credit Card Spending.

You can get 2x Gold Plus Rewards points on your next car rental with Hertz. The same company came up with a way to get more cash now while it is officially bankrupt, you have been warned.

 

TRAVEL

Running With Miles is doing a great job updating us with the latest about traveling to Greece in these corona times. Greece Is Opening to the World – Here Is What You Need To Know. And as the hotels open or open soon Traveling to Greece? Here is What to Expect at Hotels This Year with COVID-19 Protocols.

Lets visit the Dali Museum virtually, enjoy!

If you go: A Weekend in Los Angeles: The Perfect LA Itinerary.

This building in Bangkok always looked very interesting and unique: Visiting Wat Samphran.

Wat Samphran

 

PERSONAL FINANCE

Well, this is not personal finance related. But it is from a colleague. And it is good as I sent it to my high school graduating daughter: To The Class of 2020.

There is a lot of shit dressed up in fancy terms and eye popping returns that salesmen masquerading as advisors are always trying to shove down your throat, be careful out there! A 13% Yield: What Could Go Wrong?

 

ODDZ & ENDZ

My gym has not opened yet. And frankly, I am not convinced I am going to go back this spring and summer at least. How Fitness Will Change Forever. I feel so horrible for all the fitness industry people!

I was all for legalization of marijuana. My main reason was the huge burden in our courts and prisons! After you read this you will understand. Most of the Drug Arrests Involve a Gram or Less. And I have not even touched on the racist aspects of it all!

I am still blogging because, in addition I love you guys, another big reason is I learn new stuff! And this link is very representative of TBBing for you and I excitedly share it so you can learn too…and there is a degree of joy I get from that. Which of course gets quickly deflated when I check my conversions LOL. Monopolies Normal People Have No Clue Exist. For example, just one company controls ALL aspects of cheerleading, a quarter of all trade with Canada is through one bridge owned by one guy who is a mega asshole, we get bombarded by Nutcracker shows for a reason every year, half of the world’s soccer balls are made in one town in Pakistan (where cricket rules), 80% of eucharist wafers are made by one company and, please sit down, tabasco is made in just one factory!

Only in Australia LOL: PM interrupted by homeowner telling him to ‘get off the grass’.

RIP to Christo: How the Visionary Artist Christo (RIP) Changed the Way We See the World. Must click imho. What he created was mind blowing! The Works of Christo in Photos.

 

PROTESTS/GEORGEFLOYD/RACISM/ETC

We are in the middle of the biggest global pandemic since 1918 and these news ever since the video of the horrific killing of George Floyd managed to eclipse that. I am adding this extra paragraph here because I found myself inserting lots of material in the BLOG BUZZ section. Which I do not think they belong there. This paragraph will likely be temporary.

I can not watch that video…my stomach turns and emotions overcome me. And I feel rage inside me. I have been participating in local protests. With my kids. We need to stand up and express ourselves. Non violence please!

Ok, a few links:

This may piss off some of you. Like I care! Straight from Obama: How to Make this Moment the Turning Point for Real Change. Let’s get to work!

I am a fan of Gregg Popovich, the legendary coach of the San Antonio Spurs. As they were beating us Detroit Pistons in the NBA Finals years ago…I was not even mad. Instead, I was happy it was to him and the all class Spurs organization. Here is what he had to say and it is phucking amazing! Gregg Popovich: ‘The System Has to Change’. I could excerpt so many parts but you think I am getting too partisan. Actually, I am tired and I just want to finish this post. Not getting paid even prison labor wages here to keep you all educated and entertained. Sometimes even inspired too lol! Ok, I think it is a must read.

Let’s focus on the positive aspects of the people rising up! 27 Powerful Moments Of Hope During The Protests Over George Floyd’s Death.

David Lynch with his daily weather report on June 3, 2020. Making the point in his “typical” way.

I am a big fan of The Daily Show: When you finally reach the front of the line at Popeye’s and they’re out of the spicy chicken.

BLOG BUZZ

We are now entering BLOG BUZZ, a section for advanced hobbyists and veterans of this fast imploding hobby and also a section where I go on and on about some stuff that happens in my life because it helps me feel better about myself.
 
In normal times this would be very exciting. In these pandemic times…ok, maybe one day we will get to it and it will likely be after they jack up the award prices again: Etihad Partners with Air Canada. Opportunities Abound.
 
I am in a bind blogging here. Going to twice a week posting has caused the blog traffic to suffer substantially it appears. And conversions have diminished to a trickle. Do I add Wednesdays to space out the content better instead of loading up so much content in just two weekly posts? But why should I add even more time in my blogging adventures for even less conversions? Going in circles here. I am getting tired. Let’s see what happens this month…
 
You can now book Royal Air Maroc awards in the AA website…I have enough miles to fly round trip there way too many times but, you know, corona…
 
Do NOT ever give out your SSN okay, WTF! The Chickens Have Come Home To Roost For Credit Card Farmers; Indicted For Fraudulently Obtaining 790 Million AMEX Points.

For the gossip potential only: Is TPG a Bad Guy? Some fun stuff here regarding some bloggers. I miss Rene #notreally.

Anyone else remember the Stereo MC’s? Whatever happened to this band? I always loved this song below, enjoy:

Stereo MC’s – Connected

And I leave you with this…

TBB
travelbloggerbuzz@gmail.com

Follow TBB on Twitter @FlyerTalkerinA2.

You can subscribe to TBB below, winners only!

Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.

The post Silent Spreaders, Airlines Flying Again, 13% Yield Warnings, Credit Card Farmers appeared first on TravelBloggerBuzz.

--


By: TravelBloggerBuzz
Title: Silent Spreaders, Airlines Flying Again, 13% Yield Warnings, Credit Card Farmers
Sourced From: travelbloggerbuzz.com/silent-spreaders-airlines-flying-again-13-yield-warnings-credit-card-farmers/
Published Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2020 10:30:12 +0000

No comments:

Post a Comment