Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Travel gear I ditched first - Long term travel packing kit list tips and items you don't need

TODAY'S VIDEO

Travel gear I ditched first - Long term travel packing kit list tips and items you don't need




I wish I'd known this sooner! But when I first started travelling long term I didn't listen and ended up packing all this gear I just didn't need. I ditched all these items in my kit list after the first week or so and was so glad when I did.

So watch this video and I'll give you all the examples of travelling gear I stupidly packed and ended up getting rid of as well as giving you some tips on how to travel lighter and have a packing list that will help you have a much more minimal and enjoyable experience.

Examples of things I ditched are of course my huge backpack, it enabled me to take way too much stiff travelling. I also had another big secondary backpack which I gave away to (including the kit) a friend who lives in Java.

Furthermore, I also ditched the electric shaver, electric toothbrush, travel towel and so much more.

Travelling light is so important and minimalism plays a huge part in that. Those who travel light have far less to worry about and end up having a richer, more care-free experience while globetrotting.

I highly recommend you take a look at my current kit list to give you a good idea of what's possible when packing your bag and how easy it is to get by on very little.

Thanks for watching

BTW, I MADE THIS INCREDIBLE BIT OF GEAR
Check it out!

Kit list as of June 2020:

Backpacks
Atom+:
ULA Circuit:

SHELTERS
Stratospire 2:
Zpacks Solplex:

SLEEP SYSTEMS
Katabatic Sawatch:
Katabatic Palisade:
Neoair Xlite:

FOOTWEAR
Altra Lone Peak 4.0:
Gaiters - Altra gaiters:

CLOTHING

Waterproof shells
Rohan Helix:
OR Helium 2:
Frogg Toggs:

Insulated jackets
Patagonia Micropuff Hoodie:
Trespass Rustler:

Base layers
Ice Breaker base layer:

Shirts
Rohan Expedition:

Shorts
Patagonia Striders:

Hats
REI desert cap:
Berghaus beanie:

Sunglasses
Sungods:

Gloves
Salomon gloves:
Ski gloves:

Socks
Injinjis:
Darn Toughs:
Sealskinz:
NB Flat Knit:

Mosquito net
Smidge:

Buff
Camino Buff:


FILM AND SOUND

Phone
iPhone 11 Pro Max:

Drones
DJI Mavic Air 2:
DJI Mavic Air 1:

Cameras
Canon M50:
Sony RX100V:

Mics
Röde Micro:

Tripods
Gorilla Pod 1K:
Gorilla Pod 500:
Manfrotto Action:


NAVIGATION

GPS units
Garmin InReach Mini:
Garmin GPS Map 66i:

Compass
Silva Field:


WATER TREATMENT

Filter
Sawyer Squeeze:

Purifying drops
Aquamira drops:

Water storage
Cnoc Vecto 2L:


ELECTRONICS

Power banks
20,000mah:
13,000mah:

GPS tracking watch
Garmin Forerunner 35:

Wall chargers
UK :
US :

Data
Apple SD reader:


EQUIPMENT

Lights
NU25:
H2R Nova:
Tiki:

Ice axe
Grivel Helix:

Trekking poles
Alpine Carbon Cork:

Traction
Microspikes:

Stove
MSR Pocket Rocket 2:

Spoons and knives
TITO titanium spoon:
Victorinox mini classic:

Poop trowel
Deuce of Spades trowel:

Sit pad
Kumfie pad:

Tent stakes
Tarptent stakes:
MSR Mini Ground Hogs:
OEX Y-shaped stakes:

Tent poles
Zpacks carbon fibre tent poles:

Ground sheet
Polycryo ground sheet:


STORAGE

Pack liners and pods
Atom Packs DCF pack liner:
Heacy-duty rubble sacks:

Dry bags and stuff sacks
Sea to Summit 4L Nano:
OEX 2L dry bag:
Katabatic Gear silynylon stuff sack:



FOLLOW ME:
Website:
Insta:
Twitter:

-

By: The Trail Hunter
Title: Travel gear I ditched first - Long term travel packing kit list tips and items you don't need
Sourced From: www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA2fv-km2Mc

No comments:

Post a Comment