Friday, April 3, 2020

Best Covid-19 Links, Miles Points Travel Interrupted, Biking Across Continents, Paycheck Protection Program

We bring you the best Covid-19 links, all miles points travel interrupted, a beautiful post about biking across continents, more on the Paycheck Protection Program, more data breaches, more amazing photography, more virtual travel, travel for real to Antarctica, we talk about dating and sex while living under Covid-19, learn about hamsters, how to feed lots of people, we talk about the new reality facing blog businesses and more for freeeeeeee!

TBB Blog Mission: To Educate. Entertain. Inspire. In That Order!

Support TBB by applying for CREDIT CARDS and visiting our LINKS!

You like my blog? Send a link to someone please!

 

Brought to you by the amazing TBB Amazon link! This blog is published every Monday and Friday. For now…

If you like my blog, send the link to your mother. And your mother in law if you like her. And do some clicking before we go to once a week posting, thanks for the support you guys!

COVID-19

We are going to start with something positive today: A Creator of the Ebola Vaccine Has Hope for Slowing Covid-19.

All I can tell you is that the scientific community is going all in on Covid-19 treatments, here is what I mean: Every Vaccine and Treatment in Development for COVID-19, So Far.

Bill Gates had warned us, we did not listen to him. He is again telling us what to do, will the morons in the current administration listen AND act in an organized, non chaotic manner? Here’s how to make up for lost time on covid-19. It’s the same shit I have been screaming about here but no one listened to me. Maybe it is because only a few know of my blog, sad lol. It is a must read. Maybe the administration put this guy in charge instead of phucking sycophant robot Pence!

I have been saying scientists wills save us, the question is when! This is another good sign, ignore the clickbait-y headline: WOW!! – on SARS-CoV-2, Chinese and MIT researchers are CRUSHING IT right now.

This is awful and makes me so sad for obvious reasons: The New Fear for Asian-Americans Going Out in Public. It will really help if they stopped calling it Chinese virus *&$^%!

I think in the near future we will all be getting a complimentary supply of masks in the US Mail: It’s Time to Face Facts, America: Masks Work. I am convinced they help!

As we revisited the masks issue, we are revisiting the bio-surveillance issue as well: We Need A Massive Surveillance Program. Disturbing? Oh hell yeah…but the alternative is worse imho. I do not expect this to happen by the way…

I continue to believe that living in a surveillance society is incompatible in the long term with liberty. But a prerequisite of liberty is physical safety. If temporarily conscripting surveillance capitalism as a public health measure offers us a way out of this crisis, then we should take it, and make full use of it. At the same time, we should reflect on why such a powerful surveillance tool was instantly at hand in this crisis, and what its continuing existence means for our long-term future as a free people.

Another must read about all the conflicting advice we hear every day, what to do? Who to believe? How are we supposed to live like this and more…The Anxiety of Culpability.

MILES & POINTS

HOT CREDIT CARD OFFERS: New: The CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum now offers 70k AA miles. There is an offer for the United Explorer card offering 60,000 miles. The IHG Rewards Club card offering 140k points too, highest ever. For a standard workhorse card I recommend the 60k Chase Sapphire Preferred card. For a standard premium card I recommend the 50k Chase Sapphire Reserve card. For a standard 2% cash back card I recommend the Citi Double Cash card. Available with my links. Lets move on!

Well, it is the second quarter of 2020 you guys. Personally, I have no idea what day it is everyday. At least I know which credit card I will be using for groceries in the next three months, it’s not like I am spending any money on anything else. Chase Freedom Q2 2020 5% Categories: Grocery Stores, Gym Membership, Fitness Clubs (Streaming Services Added). Discover’s 5% is on gas stations this quarter LOL.

We are seeing so many moves by airlines and hotels to soften the blow to their customers that is hard to keep track of. I found this interesting: Marriott Now Allowing 30 Elite Night Credits Per Year From Credit Cards (15 Personal & 15 Business). And then we have Amex too: American Express Extends Spend-Requirement For Extra 3 Months For New Credit Cardholders From December 2019 – May 2020. More are coming…so you can travel stay at home for freeeeee!

Again, WTF! Marriott’s Latest Data Breach Impacts 5.2 Million Travelers.

Can you imagine being stuck at sea aboard one of those cruise ships floating around with people stricken with the virus? And nobody accepting your ship to dock? I can not imagine.

TRAVEL

The Cranky Flier says to the airline industry to Shut It Down. I agree!

I found this pic here, wow!

Historical Adobe Pigeon Towers Located Near Riyadh Captured in Photographs by Rich Hawkins
Historical Adobe Pigeon Towers Located Near Riyadh Captured in Photographs by Rich Hawkins

When we start traveling again I am going to do my best to get to Antarctica before it melts away: A place that makes you ask the questions that really matter.

Tents in Antarctica

Lets travel to 12 museums virtually!

Wow, what a find! What Happens When Two Strangers Trust the Rides of Their Lives to the Magic of the Universe. You will enjoy this a lot. And hell no I am never doing this!

image
In Kyrgyzstan

PERSONAL FINANCE

Well, the rollout of the fiscal stimulus help by the Feds is proving, as expected, a giant shitshow. You should know about this, good intentions but the execution is, well, super chaotic! SBA small-business loans: 8 things to know about the Paycheck Protection Program.

The actual Paycheck Protection Program application

PPP Information for Borrowers

PPP Information for Lenders

Update: This PPP program is making the term “giant shitshow” be way understated! Now it appears you can use a bank’s application and not totally restricted to the one linked above. The interest rate was first stated at 4%, then at 0.5%, yesterday at 1%. Who knows what it will be tomorrow, SAD lol.

Please no questions on the above, I am buried and I spend WAY too much time here, thank you for understanding!

For great reads about the economy and finances, I always enjoy the newsletters by Howard Marks, even though I may not always agree with him. Here is the latest one: Which Way Now?

ODDZ & ENDZ

Which human has zero empathy in his veins? Easy answer: Donald Trump. Don’t get me started again, trying to lower my blood pressure. Ok, lets get back on track, this guy is doing lots of good: ‘Without Empathy, Nothing Works.’ Chef José Andrés Wants to Feed the World Through the Pandemic.

Of everything that is changing, what to do about dating and sex? Dating in Captivity Go ahead and reinstall Tinder in self-isolation. Or, if that doesn’t work, join a virtual sext bunker.

Amazing video! THIS Is How Hamsters Fit So Much Food Inside Their Cheeks!

I really liked the movie Uncut Gems with Adam Sandler. It is about hustling in the jewelry business. And how much this has in common with some in our hobby hustling for deals and MS scores and stuff like that. Gem Fatale.

Me when I put each of my blog posts together, yeah I always thought of myself as an artist, no idea why I majored in accounting in college. Oh wait, I know why, it was easier to find a job lol.

I am so proud of how the Greek state is handling the Covid-19 crisis. And the Greek Prime Minister (someone I supported) has shown amazing leadership skills by making the difficult decisions early and it appears the curve is being flattened and it is not like the horrific shit show we are undergoing here. And his command of English as well. If the previous administration was in charge I swear half of the population would be dead now…they used to have a guy high up in the Health Ministry who had press conferences and he was smoking, no kidding! This is the Greek Prime Minister being interviewed by Christiane Amanpour, BRAVO!

BLOG BUZZ

We are now entering BLOG BUZZ, a section for advanced hobbyists and veterans of this fast imploding hobby and also a section where I go on and on about some stuff that happens in my life because it helps me feel better about myself.

We will likely be seeing more blog posts by The Free-quent Flyer it appears: Some Personal News.

I now have three Paypal monthly donors, how come The Free-quent Flyer has more subscribers? 🙂

I am so happy to see Travel Codex doing more posts, even that aviation dude Rohan is back. Maybe quality content is making a comeback as the credit card pumpers go all out on…credit card pumping before they go poof?

Has the management at The Points Guy come out to state something like this? No? I wonder why! How Frequent Miler (the business) will survive COVID-19. I think it all depends on how long this new reality lasts…

I am starting to wonder in what business is Simon Malls in! Simon Visa Gift Card online bulk ordering. Everything you need to know. Maybe you should take some time off this hobby? Please don’t go out to liquidate. For me personally I am not doing anything, I am hunkered down at home hoping my miles and points stash does not become worthless in the months ahead. This stood out to me: “That will take you to a page that requires information like your social security number, driver’s license number, and billing & shipping addresses. Simon requires the same type of information from customers who purchase in-person at their malls. Some readers may not be comfortable with providing that much information to register, but those are Simon’s requirements to get approved for large orders”.  There is no way in hell I will give all this info to…someone at Simon Malls, so be careful out there!

The latest monthly post by Mile Nerd: Surreal Life.

With Chase business credit cards cut off from ALL affiliate channels, selling the Chase Ink Business Preferred card offering 100k Ultimate Rewards points has just vanished! It is still offering 100k miles but no pimping plastic blog is interested in helping their readers travel for free now that they don’t get paid for it. BARF!

I know many bloggers read me. But nobody links to me. But they can’t wait to link to bigger blogs so they can get some clicks from those readers and entice those blogs to link back to them. It pisses me off, just saying whining.

What have you missed the most? I miss having a cup of coffee at my local Panera, especially after I went in for the $8.99 monthly unlimited deal (they are not charging me while dine in area is closed). Here is a photo of me with my daughter back in the good old pre virus days.

And I leave you with this…Hey, travel for freeeeeeeee!

TBB
travelbloggerbuzz@gmail.com

Follow TBB on Twitter @FlyerTalkerinA2.

You can subscribe to TBB below, winners only!

Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.

The post Best Covid-19 Links, Miles Points Travel Interrupted, Biking Across Continents, Paycheck Protection Program appeared first on TravelBloggerBuzz.

--


By: TravelBloggerBuzz
Title: Best Covid-19 Links, Miles Points Travel Interrupted, Biking Across Continents, Paycheck Protection Program
Sourced From: travelbloggerbuzz.com/best-covid-19-links-miles-points-travel-interrupted-biking-across-continents-paycheck-protection-program/
Published Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2020 10:30:44 +0000

No comments:

Post a Comment