Friday, September 1, 2023

Why the Citi Double Cash will always have a place in my wallet

HOSTED BY: 1 AIR TRAVEL


Citi is aTPGadvertising partner.

Who doesn’t love a valuable cash back card? If wallets were closets, there would be no better staple than a card that earns you cash back on every purchase.

But one card stands out above the rest for me: the Citi® Double Cash Card (see rates and fees

At TPG, it is easy to get lost in the glitz and glam of premium travel credit cards, but no card can replace the Citi Double Cash Card in my wallet. Let me share four reasons why. 

Unlimited cash back

The Citi Double Cash earns unlimited 2% cash back — 1% when you buy and an additional 1% when you pay for your purchase — on all purchases. There are no limits or bonus categories — just unlimited cash back on everything you buy. 


person holds Citi credit card
THE POINTS GUY

When I was just getting into credit cards, the Citi Double Cash was one of my favorite cards. It is a great addition to any beginner’s wallet because of its phenomenal cash back rate. As I have become a more seasoned credit card user, I still use the Citi Double Cash card to fill in my earning gaps from my other rewards card. 

So whether you are a credit card newbie or a well-traveled credit card enthusiast, the Citi Double Cash can still have a place in your wallet. 

No annual fee

Did I mention there is no annual fee? Not only does the Citi Double Cash help me earn on my regular spending, but it also does this for free. It’s the gift that keeps on giving. 

With the Citi Double Cash, I never have to optimize my spending to justify its annual fee because it is a card that gives without asking for anything in return. 

Great for balance transfers

While I don’t recommend anyone get into credit card debt, I know it can be difficult to get out of high-interest debt. 

A perk of the Citi Double Cash card is that it offers a 0% intro annual percentage rate (APR) for 18 months on balance transfers. Following the end of the introductory period, there will be a variable APR of 19.24%-29.24%. 


person working on laptop
FILADENDRON/GETTY IMAGES

To qualify for this offer, new card members must complete the transfer within four months of account opening. In addition, there is a 3% balance transfer fee (minimum $5) for any balance transfers. 

This perk can help you consolidate your high-interest debt so that you can quickly and effectively pay off your credit card debtwhile saving potentially thousands of dollars on interest. 

bility to earn Citi ThankYou Points

Finally, one of the most notable perks of the Citi Double Cash card is that its cash back is a little different from traditional cash back. The Citi Double Cash card earns cash back in the form of Citi ThankYou points

These points can be redeemed for regular cash back or transferred to three loyalty partners — Choice Privileges, JetBlue TrueBlue and Wyndham Rewards.

However, if you also have a Citi Premier® Card (see rates and fees) or Citi Prestige® Card (no longer available to new applicants), these points can be combined in your Citi account and then transferred to any of Citi’s 17 transfer partners. This helps you reap the maximum benefits of your rewards. 

The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.

Bottom line

Many cash back cards are available, but few are knock-outs like the Citi Double Cash card. I love knowing I get unlimited 2% cash back on every purchase, anywhere, with this card. As my credit card wallet grows, the Citi Double Cash still is able to fill the gaps in my reward earning. 

To learn more about the card, check out our full Citi Double Cash review

Apply here: Citi Double Cash

By: Christina Ly
Title: Why the Citi Double Cash will always have a place in my wallet
Sourced From: thepointsguy.com/news/why-citi-double-cash/
Published Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 14:00:44 +0000




__________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment