Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Covid-19 Ventilation, Avios Credit Cards, Health Insurance COBRA, Alcatraz

TODAY'S READ

Covid-19 Ventilation, Avios Credit Cards, Health Insurance COBRA, Alcatraz


I put this blog post together before I left for a short vacation in the Michigan Upper Peninsula. It is smaller in size compared to recent posts. I am going to have to catch up when I get back and hopefully I will get to share some pics from the short vacation. So in this shorter post we bring you more on Covid-19 ventilation, all the Avios credit cards, how to get health insurance and COBRA these days, visit Alcatraz island and more!

TBB Blog Mission: To Educate. Entertain. Inspire. In That Order!

Support TBB by applying for CREDIT CARDS or visiting our LINKS or Donate

You like my blog? Send a link to someone please!

Shop & support the blog with the TBB Amazon link!

Comment section always stays open, welcome The Points Guy readers who can not comment over there!

BLOG ANNOUNCEMENT

For the month of August I am not going to set myself a target posting date/time. I will post at least once a week for sure, perhaps more if I have the time and have something worthy to say because I always respect your time as this blog never posted clickbait crap! It means, you will have to come here every day so I can increase the page view hits so I can make more money from ads…oh wait, I do not have any ads!

I really appreciate you passing a link to my blog to someone you love if you think they will enjoy it as much as you.

And please wear a mask, thank you!

COVID-19

As we are learning more about the virus, it is becoming increasingly apparent that this is so important! We Need to Talk About Ventilation. It is complicated…add to the novelty of this weird virus and it gets to a whole another level. Very important read imho.

Very important comprehensive read putting it all together: We Thought It Was Just a Respiratory Virus. We were wrong. With probably the best explanation how the virus does its evil work.

Hopefully the maddening incompetence will end in three months: How Jared Kushner’s Secret Testing Plan “Went Poof Into Thin Air”. At this point, I am numb to this tragic shit…

Interesting, love to see more data on this! MMR Vaccine Could Invigorate the Innate Immune System to Fight COVID-19.

Another must read update from Andy Slavitt. I have been screaming we needed to do this…months ago!

MILES & POINTS

HOT CREDIT CARD OFFERS: For a standard workhorse card I recommend the 60k Chase Sapphire Preferred card. For a standard premium card I recommend the 50k Chase Sapphire Reserve card. For a standard 2% cash back card I recommend the Citi Double Cash card. Available with my links.

The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless credit card for 100,000 Marriott Bonvoy points is available with my links, thank you for supporting this blog.

I would not recommend any of these cards if you are new to this game. The 100k number is only possible if you spend more than $23k…which is ridiculous! Which Avios Credit Card Is Best? Breaking Down the Three Chase Options. But if you are out of cards and decide any of these three cards are good for you, please support the blog as we hardly get any of them clicks these days in this pandemic new world! I still have several hundreds of thousands of Avios points and only flown British Airways a few times lol.

TRAVEL

Some great historical background on Alcatraz Island.

This is very cool. Take dash cams and pair them with a local radio station and…it feels like you are in that city!

I am in the middle of a major road trip in the Michigan UP with major hiking ahead. I just wanted to drop a picture here as I drove all across the lower part of the UP straight to Ironwood, Michigan which is right next to Wisconsin! The nature is great. The many Trump signs/dollar stores/shuttered storefronts not so much. There was a lot of wealth in these towns from mining about 100 years ago, those were the days I guess. This is the stunning Iron County Courthouse building in Crystal Falls, Michigan.

PERSONAL FINANCE

Ouch: The Economic Impact of COVID-19 in the U.S. So Far.

Some dude wrote an article how 401(k) plans are bad for you and…you won’t believe what happened next. He was interviewed and referenced so many times and now he is on the map 🙂 Anyway, yes such stance is ridiculous indeed: Does a 401(k) plan still make sense for you? It might, or might not.

This is great and so I agree with such policies, especially immigration! A progressive case for free trade, immigration, and global capital. I could excerpt so many parts but I gotta go pack you guys!

We are all trying to figure this one out these days…Why Would Anyone Own Bonds Right Now.

 This is really good too: How the New COBRA Rules Affect Health Insurance Planning.

CURRENT EVENTS/POLITICS

With both US Presidential candidates being well in their seventies, I recently asked on Twitter what happens if one dies or becomes incapacitated before the election. And here is the answer: What Happens If A Presidential Nominee Can No Longer Run For Office? Hope this is not the year we figure this out for the first time. Then again, 2020 has been a hell of a year so…anything can happen!

John Lewis, from the grave. RIP! Together, You Can Redeem the Soul of Our Nation.

President Obama’s Eulogy for John Lewis. Wow, must read. My wife just flipped the TV channel in the other room and heard “Person, Woman, Man, Camera, TV”. LOL!

This made me throw up: The Man Who Made Stephen Miller.

ODDZ & ENDZ

Mile Nerd is back with his monthly post and remembers living in the 80’s.

How can this bizarre shit have so many moron followers, WOW! QAnon Has Gone Global. They are now coming out to protest in Hollywood, check out some of their signs smhtooblivion! And they are mostly young which is just beyond depressing!

How about a fun link next ok? The 50 Most Iconic Heist Movies, Ranked from Worst to Best. Which one is your favorite?

All right, let’s laugh next, love this guy bwahahahaha!

Another heart warming link involving Roger Moore.

Have been saving this pic for a while, so here it is:

BLOG BUZZ

We are now entering BLOG BUZZ, a section for advanced hobbyists and veterans of this fast imploding hobby and also a section where I go on and on about some stuff that happens in my life because it helps me feel better about myself.

Ok, here is another pic I have been holding for a while:

I had forgotten how to pack, so good to get back in it! Very excited to get all the way up North, near the Wisconsin border. Crazy short though and too much driving! Ironwood is 584 miles away, wow. When I told my mother in Greece about it she just could not believe one state can be so large!

Hope you all behave here okay?

And I leave you with this…

TBB
travelbloggerbuzz@gmail.com

Follow TBB on Twitter @FlyerTalkerinA2.

You can subscribe to TBB below, winners only!

Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.

The post Covid-19 Ventilation, Avios Credit Cards, Health Insurance COBRA, Alcatraz appeared first on TravelBloggerBuzz.

--

By: TravelBloggerBuzz
Title: Covid-19 Ventilation, Avios Credit Cards, Health Insurance COBRA, Alcatraz
Sourced From: travelbloggerbuzz.com/covid-19-ventilation-avios-credit-cards-health-insurance-cobra-alcatraz/
Published Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2020 10:30:32 +0000

tbuz1


No comments:

Post a Comment