Friday, August 14, 2020

Trump Pandemic, New Aeroplan, WFH Guide, Card Referrals

TODAY'S READ

Trump Pandemic, New Aeroplan, WFH Guide, Card Referrals


We bring you the Trump pandemic, introduce the new Aeroplan program, a WFH guide, bring you credit card referrals, the best Covid-19 coverage, the best photography, register for new promos, visit some new places during Covid times, Ann Arbor is in mourning with the loss of University of Michigan football, my latest card activity, a hilarious dating guide in 2020, learn about a farmer living inside the grounds of Narita International airport and lots more always sticking to the blog mission for peanuts I must be insane for doing this for almost 8 years so I guess thank you for reading, get out there and be kind and change the world and vote to end the lunacy, thank you!

TBB Blog Mission: To Educate. Entertain. Inspire. In That Order!

Support TBB by applying for CREDIT CARDS or visiting our LINKS or Donate

You like my blog? Send a link to someone please!

Shop & support the blog with the TBB Amazon link!

COVID-19

Another post and here we go…America’s uniquely bad Covid-19 epidemic, explained in 18 maps and charts. I can’t believe it is mid August and this slowly unrolling catastrophe keeps going and &^$#@&! Read it and weep.

This post explains the mRNA (admit it, you never heard this word before!) vaccine, we all hope it works! This coronavirus vaccine would be two breakthroughs in one. Very educational read. I am praying and I am not even religious lol.

This is a devastating piece! The Trump Pandemic. A blow-by-blow account of how the president killed thousands of Americans. I.Can’t.Even…

By this point, only Trump fan trolls are here lol. I mean, I can’t help it but here is another one even more devastating than above: The Unraveling of America. You know in Greece cases are going up over the last month. From under 20 to 50, 100, 150 and a few days ago it hit 209 in a single day and everyone is freaking out. Oh, deaths are 212. TOTAL! Yeah, they sure are laughing at us now &^$$#%#! Update: Just yesterday, new cases hit 262 and new measures are coming…again! Dead at 218. The rise in new cases is happening everywhere it appears: Coronavirus in Europe: Infections surge in France, Germany and Spain.

Another great Bil Gates interview: Bill Gates on Covid: Most US Tests Are ‘Completely Garbage’. Must read/listen.

Another great article about what we will be dealing with in the years ahead: How the pandemic might play out in 2021 and beyond. This coronavirus is here for the long haul — here’s what scientists predict for the next months and years. And never forget this:

There is one thing that every country, city and community touched by the pandemic has in common. “There is so much we still don’t know about this virus,” says Pulliam. “Until we have better data, we’re just going to have a lot of uncertainty.”

Great visual piece: Could My Symptoms Be Covid? So many…From ‘brain fog’ to heart damage, COVID-19’s lingering problems alarm scientists.

Michael Lewis writes about a public health nurse in his own unique way: Confessions of a California Covid Nurse.  What a hero! Hopefully, in the coming (eventually) AC (after Covid) era, we invest properly in public health and not ignore it anymore…

I hope we do not phuck this up! Cutting Corners in the Race for a Vaccine. Russia, China and India are racing to find a coronavirus vaccine. But international standards are not always being respected. Some researchers have even tested their remedies on themselves.

MILES & POINTS

HOT CREDIT CARD OFFERS: There are now three different 65k Chase Southwest card offers and a 60k Chase United Explorer card offer. For a standard workhorse card I recommend the 60k Chase Sapphire Preferred card. For a standard premium card I recommend the 50k Chase Sapphire Reserve card. For a standard 2% cash back card I recommend the Citi Double Cash card. Available with my links.

If you do not see a credit card you want with my links, perhaps I could refer you to it? Email me please and see more info in the BLOG BUZZ section below.

I used the referral link of a fellow blogger I wanted to support to get me the premium Amex Hilton Aspire card. I applied and Amex had the card in my hands the next day! 150,000 Hilton Honors points after $4k spend. Diamond elite status. $450 annual fee but wait…One free night every year (with up to two years to expire now), $250 resort credit each card year which has been truly enhanced for purchases at restaurants until August 31, $250 Airline fee credit each calendar year (I need to think which airline as I am now a free agent, any suggestions which is “easier”?), Priority Pass Select lounge membership for self and two guests, possible $100 statement credit for Waldorf/Conrad stays, and more. I plan to keep this card going forward and cancel my now useless premium CNB card after burning all my 100k points for, please sit down, Amazon gift cards. No affiliate $ link with the Aspire card but I could earn 15,000 Hilton Honors points with this REFERRAL link, thank you for your support!

The big news in this space was the new Air Canada Aeroplan: Everything you need to know about their innovative new program. A lot to unpack. This pretty much seals the reality of revenue based earning ways. It is good to see they did not kill the award charts but they sure made it a hell of a lot more complex in the process. You must realize that it can only get worse from here…the program has some flexibility as travel has gone to hell so all these changes don’t really mean much. When capacity loads start resembling the old days at some point…watch out for the coming “enhancements”. Well, at least it will keep some bloggers busy writing about something instead of online shopping “deals” and mile/points promotions! 🙂

As expected, the banks are slowly increasing the signup bonuses on travel rewards credit cards after buying tons of them to keep the airlines in business. There are now three different Southwest cards offering 65k points with my links. In addition, there is now a 60k Chase United Explorer card offer available too. 60k is a really good offer but why would you even want a United card? This is why: The Best Feature of the United Credit Cards for Awards. It gets you access to a lot more award seats. Not like that is a big problem in these Covid days…

Not a really big deal but just in case you have some money in your Southwest Travel Bank account: How To Use The New Southwest Travel Bank Conversion To Get Better Than 1:1 Transfer Rates.

It has been months since I rented a car! But just in case you are interested: How to Get Up to Hertz President’s Circle Status By Status Match.

One of the features of the new Air Canada Aeroplan program is the introduction of Family Pooling. It allows up to 8 members. And you could get 2.500 miles with a new account and just one activity (shopping of transfer of bank points). You can get started doing this HERE.

I still find the hotel promos to be sad considering they are hurting for business so badly. The latest by Marriott Bonvoy makes me go zzzzzz.  Register after you log in your account HERE.

Members earn 2,500 bonus points for each stay consumed during the promotional period plus a one-time bonus of 5,000 points after their third stay for stays during August 13 – October 18.

TRAVEL

Did you know there is a farmer living in the Narita International Airport? Well, now you do! Thanks to all the bloggers who will link to this story without an HT again smh…

Very good practical info on Visiting Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon During Covid-19.

I was thinking to move somewhere south near a beach for a month or two this winter…And then boom! Adjusting to Customer Demand, United Adds New Nonstop Service to Florida. But not from Detroit, boo! Interesting play by United, I hope it works out for them…

I love these photos! Snow ghosts: Haunting Images of Derelict Soviet Architecture.

Michigan is looking good! States rated the by share of parks in their territory.

Where Natural Disasters Strike Most in the United States. Just in case you plan to travel haha. Click to Enlarge.

Why am I sticking this one in here? Simply because it means there will be a lot less traveling for University of Michigan football games, SAD! Big Ten may cancel Michigan football. In Ann Arbor, businesses brace for worst. So many places will get hurt in my town, unthinkable but also…expected.

The numbers in Greece are devastating. Airline traffic down 75%, tourist office revenue down 90%. Yikes…

PERSONAL FINANCE

I see unqualified people all over online writing about personal finance. I guess it must be the area that pays these days as credit card shilling has obviously been nuked by the Covid-19 pandemic. Maybe I do this too one day here, I don’t know. But my comments will be overtaken by geniuses telling us all that they alone can fix it or something smh. Anyway, this is a good article about what it means to be The Good Advisor. Some morons out there think all we do is pick winning investments when truly educated people (like most of you reading my blog!) should know that there is no proven way to do this and most investors are better served by a low cost diversified portfolio of boring broad based indexing positions.  And be careful out there in these crazy times!

Another good relevant article now that so many are working from home: Taxes, VPNs and Office Hours WFH The Ultimate Forbes Guide to Working from Home. I dread handling my son’s 2020 tax returns who had moved to New York City but came back to Michigan in March temporarily only to stick around until, well, it could be June 2021, wow! But he thinks he may move somewhere warm in the Fall…yikes, doing multi state tax returns just blows. Fellow CPAs know what I mean 😉

CURRENT EVENTS/POLITICS

This is great writing: A roar, an explosion, then a blank: An L.A. Times reporter’s ordeal in the Beirut blast.

My mail delivery has always been reliable. But this year it started sucking. And the last two months it sucks big time! I mean, I hope the mailman doesn’t miss me, an event that was extremely rare before 2020! What’s wrong with the mail.

Fantastic video that explains the lunacy: QAnon, Conspiracy Theories, and the Rise of Magical Thinking. You can not reason with these lunes!

Lol: The New Dating Timeline: Comparing Before-Times to 2020.

ODDZ & ENDZ

Amazing family, wow. The Simpsons. The Forest Hill couple who adopted 30 kids.

This video is an amazing piece of work, wow! Bronson – Keep Moving.

Ok, that was fun read! Yes, of course we have one. The Battle to Invent the Automatic Rice Cooker.

There is a LOT of junk out there that will eventually be coming down, brace yourselves! Why We Need to Clean Up Outer Space.

I thought I would bring you something more uplifting but I changed my mind: The nuclear mistakes that nearly caused World War Three. And then when you think Trump has the codes…

BLOG BUZZ

We are now entering BLOG BUZZ, a section for advanced hobbyists and veterans of this fast imploding hobby and also a section where I go on and on about some stuff that happens in my life because it helps me feel better about myself.

It is mid-August and the only credit card conversion belongs to my 18 year old daughter getting her first credit card, a Discover for Students card to start building her credit. Just like her brother, we will use this card and pay off of course the full balance every month for six months before she…diversifies! 🙂 If your plan is to maximize your miles/points I recommend having kids! On a second thought…Nooooooo lol.

Enjoy each post that comes out in this site, it is a labor of love! I will never be the blogger who posts clickbait shit or who keeps doing this repeatedly, I am already feeling so dirty after so much shilling on my part today for the paltry conversion of my daughter’s one card lol!

Other referral links I can do are ChaseFreedom type cards, the one and only ChaseSapphirePreferred, Amex BlueBusinessPlus, Amex HiltonBusiness and others.

After dropping my CNB card…which card carries primary car rental insurance again?

And I leave you with this…

I could not resist…

TBB
travelbloggerbuzz@gmail.com

Follow TBB on Twitter @FlyerTalkerinA2.

You can subscribe to TBB below, winners only!

Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.

The post Trump Pandemic, New Aeroplan, WFH Guide, Card Referrals appeared first on TravelBloggerBuzz.

--

By: TravelBloggerBuzz
Title: Trump Pandemic, New Aeroplan, WFH Guide, Card Referrals
Sourced From: travelbloggerbuzz.com/trump-pandemic-new-aeroplan-wfh-guide-card-referrals/
Published Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 10:30:51 +0000

tbuz1


No comments:

Post a Comment