Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Pandemic Future, Fly to London With Miles, Money Truths, Opioid Epidemic

TODAY'S READ

Pandemic Future, Fly to London With Miles, Money Truths, Opioid Epidemic


We bring you the new grim pandemic future, we fly to London with miles, the best money truths, the depressing opioid epidemic, the miles promotions for buying groceries, more online shopping miles promotions, the best COVID-19 coverage, the best photography, we travel to many places, we take some shots against the US Prez who has not resigned for killing almost 150,000 of our fellow citizens, and lots more very important stuff I share with you without ANY clickbait shit like stupid videos of people fighting in airports or over masks that are ONLY designed to bring in the clicks so they can make more money off of them….STOP CLICKING CLICKBAIT SHIT, JUST STAY AWAY, thank you for doing your part to keep the internet free of pollution, every little bit helps!

TBB Blog Mission: To Educate. Entertain. Inspire. In That Order!

Support TBB by applying for CREDIT CARDS or visiting our LINKS or Donate

You like my blog? Send a link to someone please!

 

Brought to you by the amazing TBB Amazon link! This blog is published every Thursday. For now…

I’ll see you next Thursday….Comment section always stays open!

BLOG ANNOUNCEMENT

I am sticking with posting only on Thursdays this month…Where we go in August I don’t know, seriously! I guess I will figure it out over the next week.

For time-sensitive content that can not wait until next Thursday, I will add it here throughout the next week and add NEW in the front of it.

There is a lot to unpack here. Enjoy learning and having fun with these curated links and always eclectic commentary 🙂

Appreciate you passing a link to my blog to someone you love if you think they will enjoy it as much as you.

Best read in this post is this one about the history of mining in what is now Kosovo that has evolved to, please sit down, cryptomining! I bring you stuff you won’t find anywhere else, enjoy!

Electric Crypto Balkan Acid Test

COVID-19

We all know Dr. Fauci of course. But we will now learn more about his boss in this fantastic interview: A Long Talk With Anthony Fauci’s Boss About the Pandemic, Vaccines, and Faith. Yeah, must read, I don’t do stupid clickbait headline crap in my blog. I certainly feel much better after reading this and you will too. No excerpts, read the whole thing, really! And in the end it turns a little strange and even more interesting as the interview revolves around his Christian faith and how that interacts with science, you won’t believe what happens next! 🙂

I am on a roll today with must read/click stuff. Hey, I stick with the mission of the blog for almost 8 years and dwindling conversions, sad lol! A new Bill Gates interview, click it! How the pandemic will shape the near future.

With the body bags piling up in the US where almost everywhere around the world every country it appears has controlled the pandemic, you know where I am going with this: Inside Trump’s Failure: The Rush to Abandon Leadership Role on the Virus.  More on Dr. Birx in this piece. Sad to see that history will not be kind to her too.

Let’s look at How does mortality differ across countries? Hey, San Marino and Andorra beats us here in the US, sad covfefe!

Funny how citizens in Barcelona last summer were all like “Go home tourists” while this year they are kind of hanging on for dear life economically speaking without them: How coronavirus is reshaping Europe’s tourism hotspots. The collapse of visitor numbers amid the pandemic offers cities a new opportunity to rethink their business model. Speaking about holding on for dear life…actually, starving over in Thailand: Deserted beaches, empty bars: Covid-19 devastates Thailand’s tourist islands. I understand people need to eat, believe me. But until we defeat the virus and all fear is gone…it may be tough for some people to hang on! Be grateful and please help out in any way you can!

We did have some encouraging news in the vaccine front but…we have a long way to go. We’ll get there…eventually: Oxford coronavirus vaccine safe and promising, according to early human trial results published in the Lancet. What if the Chinese get there first you guys? The conspiracy freaks will go even more bonkers!

I am with the scientists on this one…hoping to add another awesome looking chart like the one shown below in this article: Our history is a battle against the microbes: we lost terribly before science, public health, and vaccines allowed us to protect ourselves.

I think Iran will be the first country to hit herd immunity if it keeps this up: Iran estimates up to 25 million virus cases since outbreak. Are the clerics preparing to come out with the real numbers?

You know, we could have been…Taiwan? How Taiwan beat the coronavirus. The one time we needed government leadership we got the worst person alive leading the US! Elections have consequences I guess. Oh, Taiwan has 451 cases and 7 body bags. IN TOTAL! That is like downtown Miami in a hot summer July day smh.

Even Bahamas said never mind! American tourists barred from entering Bahamas due to COVID-19 cases; other countries still allowed. I can’t even drive to Canada a short drive away from my house!

This is a short and devastating read by a doctor: The New Stability. I felt it…and I had to sit down, it starts out like this below and just gets harder until the end…

Before I become your doctor, you have been intubated for weeks. I am a point in time, unattached to the greater narrative. I call your husband each afternoon, tell him you are stable. He asks about the medicine that props up your blood pressure. He calls it the levo, acquainted by now with the slang of intensive care. It’s true, we have pressors to assist your failing heart, a ventilator to breathe for you, venovenous hemofiltration to do the work of your kidneys. “Your wife is very sick,” I say, “but stably sick.” None of this is anything new.

In case you are more patient than me: How to talk to conspiracy theorists – and still be kind. Number 1 is to always, always speak respectfully. I gave up right there lol.

You want to laugh? Here you go: John Oliver examines coronavirus conspiracy theories.

MILES & POINTS

HOT CREDIT CARD OFFERS: For a standard workhorse card I recommend the 60k Chase Sapphire Preferred card. For a standard premium card I recommend the 50k Chase Sapphire Reserve card. For a standard 2% cash back card I recommend the Citi Double Cash card. Available with my links.

This miles and points hobby is so boring these days that we start off my weekly post with this: United/Alaska/Southwest Shopping Portal: Get Up To 2,500 Bonus Miles Per Airline.

This is a really good post by DansDeals. A Deep Dive Into The Best Way To Use Miles To Fly American Or British Airways Between The US And London. One of these years Dan will link to my blog and I will be on my way to Titanhood….still waiting almost eight years.

I saw other bloggers pumping it like crazy so I thought I should mention it here that the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless credit card for 100,000 Marriott Bonvoy points is available with my links, thank you for supporting this blog.

That was fast! Confirmed: Alaska Airlines Joins Oneworld By Year End. I guess when you have so many employees on payroll not doing much these days…might as well put them to work! Oh, and kiss those Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan sweet spots goodbye soon, so sad.

TRAVEL

Great trip report and photos: Ayubowan from Sri Lanka (with a side of Dubai).

Just in case you go one day: 12 Very Useful Things to Know Before You Travel to Bolivia. I always thought the salt desert looks unbelievable!

An amazing photo of Meteora, Greece that went viral in Instagram.

For the aviation geeks I bring you this: Why You Couldn’t Afford To Fly the Concorde.

You will not believe where this city in China is built, wow! Ville de Yanjingzhen, Province du Yunnan, Chine.

Location of American Burger Chains. Click to Enlarge if needed. We need more In-N-Out stores!

Very interesting:

This is kind of a sweet story: Meet the United States’s Only Female Lighthouse Keeper.

PERSONAL FINANCE

Ok, cheesy headline for sure but this is excellent! The 12 most overlooked truths of money and life ‘no one teaches you in school,’ says financial psychology expert. I sent it to my kids so maybe you should click it and read it, just saying.

And another must read, we all will need this one day! 7 Items Your Estate Plan May Have Left Out.

Germany has its Enron moment these days with the company Wirecard that someway somehow managed to make at least $2 billion disappear. And in the process its COO Jan Marsalek disappeared as well. And his case is a lot more complex it appears! World’s Most Wanted Man Jan Marsalek Located in Belarus; Data Points to Russian Intel Links.

Yeah, really! How the U.S. Consumer Became the Most Resilient Force in the Economy.

CURRENT EVENTS/POLITICS

You even got 27 countries coming together over in Europe, wow! EU leaders strike ‘historic’ $2 trillion deal to rebuild Europe’s economy. To the shock of many, Europe is still standing while the US dollar is going down the toilet.

RIP John Lewis, Towering Figure of Civil Rights Era, Dies at 80.

I could not resist, sorry: Donald Trump Is a Broken Man. This would only be true after the election results confirm it. This assumes he accepts them, you think he will?

There were certainly ugly elements on the American right during the Reagan presidency, and Reagan himself was not without flaws. But as president, he set the tone, and the tone was optimism, courtliness and elegance, joie de vivre.  He has since been replaced by the crudest and cruelest man ever to be president. But not just that. One senses in Donald Trump no joy, no delight, no laughter. All the emotions that drive him are negative. There is something repugnant about Trump, yes, but there is also something quite sad about the man. He is a damaged soul.

Recall how he answered the last question by Fox News journalist Chris Wallace how he would like to be remembered. And he went on and on whining how he is not liked. And you guys thought I whine a lot, bwahahahaha!

I passed the CPA and the CFP exam the first time while the Prez brags about this smh. This is the first time I brag about this in my blog 🙂 The US Prez also said this lol: “We won two world wars. Beautiful world wars. That were vicious and horrible.” Sometimes I feel like we are all living in a parallel universe, in an alternate reality…

ODDZ & ENDZ

In my blog mission, I include to “inspire you”. Well, here we go: “This is one of those gestures that a person remembers for the rest of their life“. Let’s cry together (but in a socially distant way, thanks!).

This will blow you away, WOW! Jaw Dropping Footage from Mars Rovers Rendered in Stunning 4K.

Be careful out there! Hundreds of hyperpartisan sites are masquerading as local news. This map shows if there’s one near you.

I found myself very sad watching this: The Top Trending Google Searches in Every US State Throughout the 2010s.

What Bird Are You Like? Your humble blogger is a Blue Jay which is supposed to be like this: “You combine brains, beauty, and loyalty to family and friends. Quick to anger when you feel threatened, you also have a sense of humor. Adaptable and unpredictable, you enjoy a wide variety of foods and communicate well both vocally and with body language“. Dang…fairly accurate, not sure about the beauty part though lol.

Wow, thirty years later this guy remembers what it was like: I was Saddam’s prisoner.

Another fascinating read. About the history of Nestle and its Nespresso coffee: How Nespresso’s coffee revolution got ground down.

Best photography link I posted here in a long time! Winners of International Photo Contest Celebrate the Art of Movement. I think I am in love with this pic below, WOW!

“Moonlight over the Atlantic” by Christiaan van Heijst (Netherlands). Third Place, Technology/Machine.

The French and Greeks are in extreme ends of this: Where babies are born outside of marriage.

Just devastating: The Spiraling Opioid Epidemic in America.

Love learning new stuff. In little info nuggets. Or in tweets lol! 30 Random Things Twitter Told Us That We Should Have Learned In School.

WTF!

BLOG BUZZ

We are now entering BLOG BUZZ, a section for advanced hobbyists and veterans of this fast imploding hobby and also a section where I go on and on about some stuff that happens in my life because it helps me feel better about myself.

Maybe warnings to readers not to mess with the AMEX Rats would be a lot more useful. This is true for all miles and points blogs! The ones that are still left I mean. Data Points on GC Purchases Using Credit Card Grocery Purchase Promotions.

The days are passing even faster now, we are almost into August! Missing travel and adjusting to this new reality. I haven’t checked my miles and points balances in Award Wallet in weeks. I don’t remember the last time I got me a credit card for the signing bonus. I don’t really care about this hobby anymore. Trying to fit in a trip to the Michigan UP but…the dates do not line up so we can all make it. Daughter along with myself (the mover) will need to quarantine ourselves for two weeks before she moves into her dorm room in the University of Michigan. While the Ann Arbor public schools she just graduated from announced the school year will start remotely…

Conversions have dried up in my site. My current thinking is to go on a little longer, perhaps have another blog anniversary (year 8) and then stop posting regularly and instead whenever I feel like it, something I should have done many years ago. When I do that…the whining will stop. I guess I was not born to be a Titan blogger. 🙂

You KNOW bloggers would sell the crap out of this credit card if it paid a sales commission! I would rather eat durian before I get so pathetically low. How do people eat durian is beyond me…and some like it even #barf!

Remember the good old days when we could buy tons of dollar coins straight from the US Mint for free with our travel rewards credit cards? Maybe those days will be back #dreaming.

I went to the dentist for the first time in post virus times. It was weird. The dental hygienist was as always super chatty and sometimes I felt like telling her “Sue just stop”! If someone in that office has the virus there is no way in hell somebody will not catch it too. I was also referred for a root canal, first one in many many years. I remember when I had one it was done by Dr. Fear. Not joking, that was his real name!

You probably remember the band Rage Against The Machine. I hear they are reuniting and will go on tour. Well, maybe next year because #corona. They had a famous song “Killing in the name of”. And this cover by “Audrey” will make you smile #toocute

And I leave you with this…

TBB
travelbloggerbuzz@gmail.com

Follow TBB on Twitter @FlyerTalkerinA2.

You can subscribe to TBB below, winners only!

Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.

The post Pandemic Future, Fly to London With Miles, Money Truths, Opioid Epidemic appeared first on TravelBloggerBuzz.

--

By: TravelBloggerBuzz
Title: Pandemic Future, Fly to London With Miles, Money Truths, Opioid Epidemic
Sourced From: travelbloggerbuzz.com/pandemic-future-fly-to-london-with-miles-money-truths-opioid-epidemic/
Published Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2020 22:30:17 +0000

tbuz1


No comments:

Post a Comment